Thursday 12 July 2012

Creative eyeliner: lash illusion!

Hello hello!


I am back today with another simple eye look. This time I decided to get a bit creative and incorporate liner into creating an illusion of fuller lashes


Basically with this method you are "drawing false lashes" on the outer part of your eyelid. This adds fullness and also looks very cute! 


SO let's get on with the steps and I'll explain everything and share some tips! Yey! :)


Step 1: Let's prepare our eyes for the look we are about to do. Use foundation or concealer to cover any redness there is around your eye area and also even out the skin tone. I wanted this look to be a version of a simple cat eye, so we want our eyes plain and matt. Use powder or a skin-toned eye shadow to set the foundation.

Step 2: Using felt tip eyeliner, line your upper lash line. I suggest to start from the middle of your eye and keep the line as close to the lash line AND keep it thin. Then end the line with a flick but keep it thin as well. The important part is to keep any line you make thin!
p.s. whilst lining, fill in noticeable gaps in between you lashes with light dots.




Step 3: This step will help you mark where you want your "falsies" to be. I am using my felt tip eyeliner for this. You can also use sharp eye pencil. Choose how many of those fake lashes you want (I  like making 3!). You will already have one, the furthest one, from lining your eye. So now we need 2 more. Gently mark the "roots" of your new lashes. You can put dots. At this point whilst we are still only marking I wouldn't suggest creating the whole lash because you may not achieve a thin elegant flick with an eye pencil or felt tip liner. 




Step 4: Let's finish those falsies! Take your liquid eye liner which makes pretty thin lines and starting from the tip of the false lash, draw it on and most importantly make sure that every lash you create comes out of the lash line naturally
p.s. to make a fine line make sure you have only a little of the product on your liner tip!




Step 5: Finish of your eyes with mascara. At this point I might say that sometimes I find it pretty when I don't apply mascara on my bottom lashes, it let's you concentrate more on the upper lashes. 
Tip! To exaggerate the outer part of the eye even more, try to 'sweep' your lashes to the side. This also gives your eyes more length AND! this is also helpful for those who have quite short lashes.
p.s. apply a  light shimmery eyeshadow under your brow and in the inner corner for extra cuteness!:)




And your eyes are ready! I really love this and it's a very easy way to add some "falsies" for an extra emphasis! 


I hope you find this trick helpful. Be creative and have a lovely day!


Miss K.

No comments:

Post a Comment