Friday 11 January 2013

Review: My Holy Grail Conditioner!

In this post I would like to tell you about  my favourite hair conditioner so far.

Some background about my hair:
My hair is relatively long at this point. Six months ago I had half of my lower hair lightened to achieve ombre effect which I really grown into loving. My hair is brown with a few highlihgts here and there, and lightening the ends just brought some life to my hair.

Anyway, after that my hair became quite dry and damaged, which I was afraid the most. At the time for conditioning my hair I used Garnier Fructis nutri-repair hair mask.

Now, I know this is a hair mask but I used it as a conditioner since my hair is quite dry at the ends. And I really loved it. After washing it out, my hair would feel soft and moisterized. 

Four months or so ago, I found this store which provides a huuuge range of salon products for hairdressers. And that's where I found products from Macademia. I bought their Nourishing Leave-in Cream in a small tube and a few samples of their Deep Repair Masque.

After using the leave-in cream I realized that it doesn't help my hair much. I didn't get the results I was expecting but it would make my ends softer.
The Deep repair masque was what I really fell in love with. I would still use my garnier for conditioning my hair on the regular basis, but once a week I would use the masque on my hair. I would leave it for 10 minutes and then my hair would be softest ever after using any product. 
I remember I bought 2 samples of the masque, and they were enough for 6 uses (my hair is long but not too thick, so I don't use a lot of product). And really, this product is amazing and smells gorgeous!

After those six uses I was out of my miracle masque. And frankly, I was kind of lazy to go back to that store. And, tose products are quite expensive.;/
As I was out of my garnier hair mask as well, I went to the drug store to buy more. I didn't find the exact same one (that was odd, as it would always be in stock). I found a similar one in a diferent colour packaging, it seemed to have the same if not more fantastic claimes, so I took it. (Garnier fructis oil repair one-minute mask).
I was still sad that my miracle masque has ended, but! I noticed that using this actually leaves the same feel to my hair. This is a one-minute mask, but again, I use it as conditioner. I love it! Before washing my hair is usually tangled and hard to brush through, but already when I am washing the product out, I can freely brush my finger through it! :)

So this Garnier product is pretty cheap compared to Macademia products I tried. And will dare to say that , at least on my dry damaged hair, it achieves almost the same results! :) 
And! I use it as a conditioner on regular basis, and once in a while - as a mask, just leave it for longer in hair. 
Also, I have just checked both of the Garnie products for ingridients, and it seems that they are the same... So I kinf of failed to find the difeence between them...;/

P.s. I am not claiming that this somehow "repaired" my hair, which is damaged from dying (or more like bleaching a bit). This product makes damaged hair easier to manage and look and feel healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment